You asked, we answered!
Compiled below are the most asked questions that we've received since introducing Sakonnet Candle Co. We pride our selves on transparency and want you to know about our products, how they're made and how best to use them.
Don't see your question? Email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to help!
+ What kind of wax do you use?
- We use a luxury soy coconut wax blend which provides for a cleaner burning & longer lasting candle. Our wax is renewable, biodegradable, vegan and non-toxic. It is clinically tested and dermatologically reviewed skin safe.
+ What kind of wicks do you use?
- Sakonnet Candle Co. uses all natural crackling wood wicks that are eco friendly and clean burning. Our wood wicks are made from the highest quality FSC certified wood that is handcrafted & made in the USA.
+ What type of fragrance oil do you use?
- All of our fragrance oils and essential oils are premium quality, highly scented and phthalate free. Our fragrances are clean and do not contain any carcinogens, mutagens, reproductive toxins, organ toxins or acute toxins. Our fragrances also exclude all of the California prop 65 chemicals.
+ What kind of packaging do you use?
- At Sakonnet Candle Co. we commit ourselves to sustainability, transparency & quality. With this goal in mind, we aim to use 100% sustainable products and packaging materials. Most of our packaging materials are recycle and reusable.
+ What are some precautions I should take when burning a candle?
- Keep candle away from things that catch fire
- Keep away from children & pets
- Burn within sight
- Do not burn your candle for more than three-four hours at a time
- The container may be hot during and after burning - allow to cool before touching
- Discontinue use when 1/4" of wax is left
+ What are some general care instructions?
- Keep your wood wick trimmed to 1/8" (preferred) or 3/8" each time you light to promote an even burn and steady flame. If the wick is becoming unruly or too big, extinguish your candle, allow it to cool, and trim your wick. Trimming can be done with either a wick trimmer (best) or pinching off the burnt part with your fingers (after it has cooled) after each burn.
- Extinguish your candle with a snuffer and then straighten wick to prevent smoking and also prevent hot wax from splattering. Please avoid blowing your candle out.
- Drafts decrease a candle's burn time, cause uneven burning, smoking, and diminished scent throw.
+ What should I do if soot forms on the inside of the container or the candle is smoking?
- Soot is generally caused from not trimming your wick short enough, not trimming your wick at all, or moving your candle while its hot. If soot forms on the inside of the candle, extinguish the candle, wait for it to cool, and then wipe with a clean, damp cloth. Trim wick and relight. ***Be sure to follow the appropriate length of time for burning, generally 3-4 hours maximum.
+ What should I do with the container after the candle is done?
- Once your candle is done, please re-purpose your container by washing it with soap and warm water. If the label isn't coming off cleanly, use a little rubbing alcohol with a cotton ball to remove any remaining residue then wash again. Our glass can be used as a cocktail glass, planter, storage for items.